Preparing Physio Practice for Sale
The client, a physiotherapist with a well-established practice, was intending to move on for family reasons. Leonard Robertson was called in to assist with the exit planning process; developing systems for a business that till then had been evolving fairly organically.
Leonard reviewed the state of the business and the owner’s exit readiness.
- Identified shortcomings in systems and reporting procedures.
- Developed the plan for “tidying up” and instituting proper processes in readiness for sale.
- Undertook modelling valuations to ascertain the reasonable market value of the business.
- Defined the range of prices for the sale of the business.
- Prepared due diligence documents and information memorandum.
There were two parties interested in buying the practice: a competitor physiotherapy business and one of the in-house physios. The owner went with the in-house offer, taking comfort in selling to someone who would look after the legacy she had developed. She achieved a price well within her expectations.